The Cumberland County Development Corporation (CCDC) was incorporated in 1987 as a non-profit economic and community development partnership. CCDC currently operates through the financial support of more than 90 local businesses and individuals, as well as principal support from the Village Boards in Greenup, Jewett and Toledo, the Neoga City Council and the Cumberland County Board.
CCDC operates with the support of a Board of Directors comprised of 21 members and a part-time Administrative Assistant.
CCDC has been instrumental in a variety of community improvement initiatives within Cumberland County, most importantly:
- Preparation of a technical assistance grant to bring Internet service to Cumberland County, now Cumberland Internet, Inc.;
- Supported the rehabilitation of the Village of Greenup’s historic covered porches through the preparation of an historic preservation grant;
- Established the Founders Education Foundation for the benefit of our local public schools;
- Held seminars regarding hospitality training and community planning;
- Preparation and administration of a housing rehabilitation grant for the Village of Toledo;
- Preparation and administration of community development grants and/or loans for local governments
- Assisted in the development of the Ameren Insite industrial locations in Neoga and Toledo.
- Preparation and administration of CDAP grant for storm sewer upgrade for the Village of Jewett.
Today, CCDC operates as Cumberland County’s primary contact for economic development activities. In fulfilling this role, the corporation facilitates the use of community Revolving Loan Funds and engages in outside marketing efforts on behalf of our local communities
Become A Member Today!
The Cumberland County Development Corporation gratefully acknowledges the financial support businesses, individuals and governmental units who have provided for the continued economic development of Cumberland County. See our members.
You are encouraged to join these many local supporters and become a partner in the successes of CCDC! Individual memberships are only $25.00 per year; businesses employing less than 10 are $50.00; with businesses employing more than 10 being $100.00 per year. Join us today and help keep Cumberland County moving on the right track!
Please send your check, made payable to CCDC, to the following address: P.O. Box 531, Toledo, Illinois, 62468. Thank you for you support!
Cumberland County Development Corporation
P.O. Box 531
402 East Main St.
Toledo, Illinois 62468-0531
Phone/ Fax: (217) 849-2359
Please complete the following form and we will contact you as soon as possible.